Keeping your automobile in good working order is all about maintenance. Your brakes, engine cooling system, power steering and transmission systems are crucial to your car or truck’s operation and should each be serviced regularly to make sure your car runs its best over time.
At Sun Devil Auto, we specialize in performing the types of system flushes that keep your vehicle healthy and reduce the potential for costly repair needs. If it’s been a while since your last fluid service or if you regularly drive in rough conditions such as, hot and dusty climates or frequent stop and go traffic, it’s the perfect time to get back on top of your maintenance routine.
Brake System Flush
- Brake fluid amplifies braking force while protecting major system components from excessive wear.
- Moisture, heat, and dust from the outside environment can impact brake performance and lead to costly repairs.
- Under normal driving conditions, it’s recommended that you flush your brake fluid every 30,000 miles or every two years to ensure optimal performance and prevent leaks or squeals.
Coolant System Flush
- Coolant is vital in preventing your engine from overheating. It also protects against freeze-ups in cold weather, provides lubrication for your water pump and prevents rust in the system.
- Severe driving conditions can cause components to degrade over time, leading to corrosion and deposits that clog your engine’s primary means of releasing heat.
- Most manufacturers advise replacing coolant fluid every 50,000 to 100,000 miles in normal conditions, or every 30,000 to 50,000 miles in severe driving conditions.
Power Steering System Flush
- Power steering fluid provides lubrication and transfers energy between hydraulic components, making it easier to steer your vehicle.
- Heat and pressure resulting from everyday use impacts power steering fluid performance, causing added wear to gears, pumps, and valves. By keeping up with the maintenance of this system you can help prevent costly repairs for failed components.
- Your power steering fluid should be replaced by time and mileage, prior to it becoming brown or dark brown in color.
Transmission System Flush
- Transmission fluid is vital to the hydraulic components of your transmission and provides lubrication for your transmission, similar to motor oil for your engine. Pressurized fluid provides force for gear changes, downshifting, transmission engagement and disengagement.
- Overheating and fluid contamination due to excessive friction lead to 90 percent of automatic transmission failures. Severe driving conditions such as extreme temperatures and stop-and-go traffic can affect the life expectancy of your transmission.
- Intervals vary by auto manufacturer, but it’s recommended that you change your transmission fluid at least every 30,000 to 50,000 miles.
Contact Sun Devil Auto today to have any of these flushes completed and to help keep you on top of your vehicle’s maintenance.