Such dedication to quality starts with the outstanding leadership that Dave provides. We’ll let him tell you in his own words what being a part of the Sun Devil Auto family means to him.
1. How long have you been in the automotive repair industry?
2. How did you get your start?
When I was 15 years old, my dad got me a job working part-time after school and on Saturdays at a shop where his company had a commercial account. We went on to buy that company 15 years later.
3. What’s your favorite auto repair to complete?
My favorite repairs are the ones that you can do at no charge. It’s nice to do little things here and there to help alleviate the stress of vehicle ownership.
4. What are the qualities a Sun Devil Auto technician possesses?
Sun Devil Auto techs possess a flair for creativity, computer knowledge and the desire to be successful.
5. What type of training do your technicians need to complete? What’s included in this training?
Technicians need to have completed high school auto training and college or technical institute training, the ability to learn on the job and take direction well.
6. What’s the most commonly asked question you get about automotive repair?
Why is it so expensive? Today’s technical advances have made auto repair extremely costly (equipment, tools, parts, etc.).
7. If you could dismiss one myth about automotive maintenance/repair, what would that be?
That the automotive repair industry operates only to their benefit. I believe that it is better to build a relationship with the customer based on long-term trust and value and keep my customer’s best interests at heart.
8. What is your favorite part of the job? Your favorite part about working for Sun Devil Auto?
Favorite part of the job is over-delivering and under-promising, my goal is for customers and technicians to be happy at the end of the day.
9. What’s the number one tip you would provide to car owners about maintaining their vehicle?
There are two types of auto care: maintenance and repairs. If you are consistent with maintenance, your repairs will be less in the long run.
Thanks Dave. As you can see, our goal is to allow you to leave our shop knowing that you received the best service possible, and with enough confidence to trust us with the care of your vehicle again in the future. That way, we can continue to build on the trust we’ve already established by helping limit avoidable repairs and keep your car, truck, or SUV on the road for as long as possible.
When you entrust the care of your vehicle to the technicians at our Ahwatukee location, you can rest assured that Dave and his team share the same desire that you have to get your vehicle back on the road in prime condition as soon as possible. Count on Sun Devil Auto to keep you updated on any and all regularly scheduled maintenance, as well as to deal with any unanticipated service needs that may arise.
Just stop by our service center at 5104 E. Ray Rd., and we’ll get you set up. Or, you can call ahead to make an appointment at 480.739.5036.