Manufacturer Recommended Scheduled Maintenance Programs
Most people think of oil changes when scheduled maintenance comes to mind. There is more you can do to keep your vehicle performing the way it should, besides your regularly scheduled oil changes. Following your manufacturer’s maintenance schedule is the best and most cost-effective way to ensure your car runs well over time. Preventative maintenance also helps preserve your vehicle’s trade-in or resale value.
To be most effective, schedule maintenance should begin when your vehicle is new. Incrementally paying for scheduled maintenance can help prevent future costly repairs, which require payment all at once.
Scheduled maintenance programs vary by vehicle, driving patterns, as well as several other factors. Any Phoenix Sun Devil Auto location can perform scheduled maintenance on your vehicle, no matter the make or model. Generally, we recommend preventative maintenance services every 30,000 miles or 24 months, whichever comes first. Below are some items included in a scheduled maintenance service:
- Change engine oil and oil filter
- Tire rotation
- Replace air filter and cabin air filter
- Inspect drive belts and adjust or replace if needed
- Change transmission fluid
- Change transfer case fluid
- Inspecting brakes, brake lines, hoses and connections
- Inspect boots and seals
- Inspect the vehicle’s exhaust system
- Inspect fluid levels (change/top off fluids if required)
- Inspect fuel lines
- Inspect parking brake (adjust if needed)
- Inspect suspension
- Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox and boots
To review your vehicle’s manufacturer recommended maintenance schedule, stop in to one of our Phoenix area locations. One of our technicians will go over the suggested preventative maintenance services with you, and help keep your vehicle running – trouble free.
Contact us today or stop into one of our auto repair and maintenance shops nearest you.